Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: Figuring out this "couple time" thing

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Figuring out this "couple time" thing

My husband was gone for a year. He's back now, and we've moved away from all my friends. I'm stuck here in Virginia with my daughter, who is very demanding of me physically, emotionally, and mentally, and with my husband.
So, I guess my problem is that I don't know how to have couple time anymore. I don't know what to do on the weekend. Nothing sounds fun to me, and we end up staying home all weekend until I am bored out of my mind.
I know I am at fault for this, but I blame everyone else around me. It's tough when you are used to having a circle of friends around you. When you are left with just the one person you swore to spend your life with it can get boring.
I guess people were not meant to lock themselves in a house together for entire weekends. We need our own lives, our own friends, common interests. How do I get there?

Blogroll Me!