Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: 2006--What will it bring?

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006--What will it bring?

I'm sitting here, wasting time, while my dog whines because I haven't taken her for her daily 4 mile walk yet. I went to bed at 11:00 last night. I didn't even care that it was New Year's. It didn't help that my husband was working all night. So, I thought I would write some of my goals for 2006 since everyone else seems to be doing it!

For most of my life my new year's resolutions have looked something like this:
  1. Be healthier--eat less, exercise more, lose weight, etc.
  2. Work on my relationship with God--spend more time in prayer, at church, etc.
  3. Try to have a serious, meaningful romantic relationship (before I met my husband)

So, this year, I don't feel like making resolutions. I will make goals. My goals for 2006:

  1. Have a healthy baby and be the best mom I can be
  2. Lose all my baby weight before my husband comes home from his deployment in March/April '07 (I have to plan ahead on this one because right now I am gaining a ton!)
  3. Learn how to cook healthy meals for my family and be a good housewife/stay-at-home mom
  4. Start going to church and getting involved. (We haven't found a church we like yet in CA)

Usually I am actually pretty good at keeping my resolutions. For as many years as I can remember, I have given up sugar for New Years. I usually keep it up until about September. I usually spend the spring and summer losing weight and the fall and winter gaining it. Does everyone do that?

I hope you all have a great 2006! Enjoy your family and friends!! Thanks for being my blogging friends--your blogs put a smile on my face!

Blogroll Me!